Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's aliiiive!

So last Sunday I bought little grow-kits for Cilantro and Basil in the dollar section at Target. I love the dollar section, I always find the coolest stuff in there.
Anyway, when I got home, I immediately planted the seeds, placed them on the window sill in the kitchen, and started tending to my new little pots of dirt. I don't have a green thumb. It's a wonder that I can keep myself, my husband and my dog alive. Every plant that I've ever had, no matter how vigilant I am, dies. Let's just say that when it comes to this particular project, I was hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.
Yesterday when I was washing a dish, I glanced in my little pots. First the Basil.... nothing. I was not surprised. Then I peeked in the Cilantro pot and....

OMG! LIFE! HOLY COW!

I grabbed the tiny little pot and ran it right over to Uriah to show him my handiwork. He gave  me a "Oh! Good job, hunny" and then I just stared at it for a while in disbelief.

Now if only the Basil would show some improvement, we'd be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment