Monday, August 8, 2011

Bag it up!

My girlfriends from high school and I get together every year and participate in a gift exchange. We used to do it around Christmas time but we've since moved it to summer because the holidays are way too hectic. Especially dealing with shared holidays with every one's in laws and what not. It's a secret santa type gift exchange. So it's really fun and we've actually gotten pretty good at keeping it a secret who we have.

This year, we decided that all of the gifts would be home made. It was amazing and everyone was so creative. I was very impressed with every one's gifts. Everything was so thoughtful and some were even hilarious. It was great and I  hope this is a continued tradition.

I got our dear friend Rachel. She's a self proclaimed hippie as well as a grad student at UVA working on her PHD in Neuroscience. Being the hippie-type, she's always carrying around what I like to refer to as "sacks". I decided to make her a more adult (but still very Rachel) bag. 


This was the very first bag I've ever made as well as my very first time using interfacing. It came out really well. I didn't follow the instructions to the letter because the pattern for this had some pretty ugly embellishments. I decided to keep it simple. I might even make one for myself :-)

1 comment:

  1. the word sacks just makes me think of this gem from SNL:
    "To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."
    — Jack Handey

    ReplyDelete