Thursday, December 16, 2010

Adobo!

No, no... not "Adobe".
Adobo is a delicious filipino dish! It's more or less meat (and maybe some veggies is you want), a ton of garlic, onion, soy sauce and vinegar. I realize that won't sound too appealing to most but I promise you... it's delicious. I've made it from scratch before and it turned out great but the other night I made it using a seasoning packet by Mama Sita's! 
I love making food from scratch but you can't overlook a good shortcut. Just disolve the packet in 1 cup of water and marinate your meat (for me, it's chicken and potatoes), then cook the meat in hot oil, add in the marinade and cook until it's all done/tender.
Uriah is filipino so this is like his comfort food. Also, it works well on a cold day because it's all warm and hearty (like stew).
I wasn't planning on posting anything on this but it turned out so well that I took a picture of Uriah's plate (this was his "round two" plate). It's not a pretty picture and his plate is all messy but, if you could taste it, you could definately overlook that. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment