Friday, April 15, 2011

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way!

So, today I spent under 30 minutes and under 3 dollars and created this lovely festive door decoration!


I actually found a tutorial for this online but evidently I didn't save it to my computer (just to memory) so when I went looking to find it to link you to it... fail.
Luckily, I know how I made it so I can give you general directions (if you feel like you have time on your hands this weekend)

Things you will need:
Cardboard box to cut out your wreath-backing (I used a sturdy clothing box and double layered it)
Glue Gun and Glue
Plastic Easter Eggs (I got a giant bag at BigLots for $1.20)
Easter Grass (again, BigLots for $1.00)
Ribbon to hang it when you're done

Instructions:
1- Cut out your wreath backing - I used various sized mixing bowls to trace the outer and inner circles on my cardboard. Then I had to glue my 2 wreath bases together because my cardboard was flimsier than I would have liked

2- Glue your eggs to your wreath backing. Really, just go for it making sure they are as close together as possible. I had to rip a couple of mine off and reattach them. Oh well.

3- Fill in the open spaces with your Easter Grass. I hot glued it and shoved it into the nooks and crannies using a wooden skewer (trust me on this, use a skewer... hot glue is HOT and I have a little finger burn to prove it).

4- Give your grass a "haircut" so that it doesn't look totally unruley.

5- Tie on some ribbon and hang it up! All done. Super easy

No comments:

Post a Comment