Saturday, April 16, 2011

Charlotte Food Adventure - Episode 3

Uriah and I have lived in Charlotte for over a year and we hadn't had ANY Thai food (GASP!). Now, we had a spot in Florida that serves the BEST Thai food... ever. Hands down. No contest. That is probably why we hadn't had any in Charlotte yet because we knew that nothing would ever match up.
There is a Thai place called Siam Garden pretty close to our house and we always throw it in as an option when we're trying to figure out what we should have for dinner but we never pick it. Until yesterday, when I got a coupon in the mail for this very place and it was kind of like kismet.
The best news? It did not disappoint!

Uriah ordered Thai Iced Tea (which is not something that I enjoy) and he raved that it was better than the Thai Iced Tea at our old Florida place. We took this as a sign of amazing things to come and we were right!

Appetizers! Tom Yam Soup (hot and sour soup) and Crab Rangoons

That soup was the most amazing soup that I've EVER tasted. I may have said "I would bathe in that" and I don't think that I was exaggerating.


The Full Feast! Chicken Phad Thai and Beef Fried Rice
The Phad Thai was different that I'm used to but it was still deeeelicious. We got it "mild" for fear that their spicy would be insanely spicy but next time I think we'll get a little spice added. And the beef fried rice was so good. Almost exactly like our favorite from Florida.

In general, this was a great find! And with the coupon, we got $10 off our bill so that was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment